Residents of the Greater Waterbury region have access to a network of quality care just minutes from their homes. Waterbury Health, which includes Waterbury Hospital, offers comprehensive healthcare services—from primary care to emergency and acute care, to home healthcare—designed to meet the full range of your healthcare needs.
- Communities: Beacon Falls, Bethlehem, Cheshire, Middlebury, Naugatuck, Oxford, Prospect, Southbury, Thomaston, Waterbury, Watertown, Wolcott, Woodbury.
- Total population served: 359, 431
- Number of employees – 2,000
- Number of doctors – 626
- Number of annual admissions at Waterbury Hospital – 11,700
- Emergency Department visits – 54,000
- Number of newborns – 1,100
- Region’s most comprehensive behavioral health services
- Behavioral Health outpatient visits – 23,000
- Outpatient visits – 180,000
- Visits to employed community physicians: 134,000
- Patients cared by VNA Health at Home: 2,300
- Patients cared and treated by Access Rehab Centers: 150,000
- Comprehensive HIV/AIDS program, with largest HIV primary care clinic in Northwest Connecticut, serving over 450 patients annually